Swansea Pick Up A Crucial Win While Cardiff City Ladies Dished Out Their Revenge

Harry Corish - Sportin Journalist

Swansea City picked up an important 2-0 win against Bristol City at home this weekend. Russell Martin’s side had been under immense pressure of late, having gone without a win in six games before this weekend’s victory.

The Swans will now head into the international break feeling positive, having picked up a morale boosting win, as they now find themselves ten points above the relegation zone, with just eight games left in the season.

Elsewhere in the Championship, Cardiff City were left disappointed, as they left Rotherham’s New York Stadium on Saturday to make the long 197-mile journey back to the Welsh capital, without a conclusion their EFL Championship fixture.

The Bluebirds’ fixture was paused in the 48th minute after a freak rain shower flooded parts of the pitch, before the game was postponed, despite Cardiff leading 1-0 at the time. The postponement means the game will have to be rearranged, much to the frustration of the Cardiff City players, coaches and fans.

In the Genero Adran Premier League, Cardiff City made up for last weekend’s disappointment with a 9-0 win against last week’s Genero Adran Cup winners Cardiff Met. The Bluebirds quickly responded to their cup final heartbreak, beating city rivals 9-0 to continue their strong title challenge.

A win next week against The New Saints would secure Cardiff City’s first Adran Premier League title in a decade.

But Swansea City continue to pile the pressure on Cardiff, as they also picked up three points, beating TNS 4-1 thanks to a brace from Stacey John-Davies and goals from Katy Hosford and Monet Legall.

Meanwhile Barry Town United held Pontypridd United to a 0-0 draw, in a hotly contested fixture at the USW Sports Park. While Aberystwyth Town picked up a 1-0 win over Abergavenny.

David Brooks made his long awaited comeback for Bournemouth this weekend after being diagnosed with stage 2 Hodgkin Lymphoma in October 2021 . While Wales’ vice-captain, Ben Davies, limped off with a hamstring injury just 37 minutes into Tottenham’s 3-3 draw against Southampton.